1. View our adoptable animals.
2. Fill out an application (below) for the animal you are interested in. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Please allow a few days for us to review and respond to your application. Some animals require special considerations, such as a fenced-in yard, no small children in the home, or experienced pet owners. We use the application process to make sure the home will be a good fit for an animal.
4. Approved applicants will be invited to come meet the animal you have applied for at adoption day—held each SUNDAY from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Petco in Piscataway, NJ (1333 Centennial Avenue, Piscataway, NJ, 08854, 732-981-8189.)
5. We do NOT do same-day adoptions. Our volunteers will bring the animal for a visit to your home so you can see how he/she acts in your home environment, including interactions with current pets. We generally adopt to families within a 1-hour radius of our home base in Piscataway, NJ but may consider farther distances in the tri-state region if volunteers are available. If you live beyond our geographical boundaries, we hope you will contact rescue organizations closer to your home.
6. If both you and the rescue agree the animal is a good fit for your home, you will fill out an adoption contract. The adoption fee is $300 for dogs. The adoption fee is $75 for one cat or $100 for two sibling cats. When our animals are adopted out, they are spayed/neutered, up-to-date with age-appropriate vaccinations, on flea/tick preventative, and heartworm preventative (dogs only).
7. You enjoy many years of happiness with your new pet!